On This Page
There are a variety of resources available to federal employers related to the employment of people with disabilities. This document refers to those that may be of help to those needing information.
- The Interactive Process: Federal Sector - JAN Effective Accommodation Practices Series
- Advancing Opportunities: Accommodations Resources for Federal Managers and Employees - ODEP Publication
- Executive Order 13163: Increasing the Opportunity for Individuals with Disabilities to Be Employed In the Federal Government – July 26, 2000 - GPO Link
- Management Directive 715 - EEOC Publication
- Questions and Answers: Promoting Employment of Individuals with Disabilities in the Federal Workforce - EEOC Publication
- EEOC's Procedures for Providing Reasonable Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities - EEOC Document
- Federal Accommodation Programs - JAN Resource List
- Rehabilitation Act Library - JAN Resource List
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) - Model Strategies for Recruitment and Hiring of People with Disabilities as Required Under Executive Order 13548 - OPM Document
- The ABCs of Schedule A - EEOC Documents
Situations and Solutions:
The following situations and solutions are real-life examples of accommodations that were made by JAN customers. Because accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis, these examples may not be effective for every workplace but give you an idea about the types of accommodations that are possible.