September 1983 - September 2023Read MoreJAN Celebrates 40 Years of Service!
- The AskJAN.org website includes extensive information on job accommodations and the ADA. How can I use the site to research accommodation options and find information about workplace responsibilities and rights under the ADA?
- Using JAN’s A to Z List of Disabilities and Accommodations, information can be found in multiple ways, including searches by disability, limitation, work-related function, topic, and accommodation. The AskJAN.org website also includes curated lists of targeted accommodation and ADA resources for Employers and Individuals, and a Publications and Articles section for additional information. Furthermore, the website offers an extensive ADA Library that includes technical assistance resources, ADA regulations, and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) ADA enforcement guidance.
JAN is the most comprehensive workplace accommodation resource available, and its consultants have served customers across the United States and around the world for 40 years. JAN consultants are highly qualified and experienced thought leaders and innovators on disability employment issues who offer one-on-one consultation to help brainstorm accommodation ideas, provide practical guidance for addressing workplace accommodation issues, and work as a partner in the accommodation process. They also publish timely articles about trending accommodation and ADA topics in the Consultants' Corner series, develop key accommodation solutions for JAN's A to Z List of Disabilities pages, and produce webcast training available in the JAN Webcast Series Library.
All consultations are free and confidential. Accommodation and ADA title I technical assistance is available by phone, live chat, email, and at the AskJAN.org website. Those who can benefit from JAN's services include private employers of all sizes, government agencies, employee representatives, and service providers, as well as individuals with disabilities and their family members.
By providing trusted guidance on the ADA and practical accommodation solutions that benefit employers and individuals with health conditions and disabilities, JAN can help anyone recognize the value and talents that qualified workers with disabilities add to the workforce. Ask JAN! We can help.
- New JAN Resource — A to Z: Neurodiversity
People with a wide range of cognitive, intellectual, developmental, and neurological conditions may be neurodivergent. Some neurodivergent employees may need job accommodations to help them perform their work and maximize their talents and skills. JAN's new A to Z: Neurodiversity resource offers key accommodations for consideration.
- JAN Webcast Released: "AT Update: What's New in 2023"
Wondering what's new in the world of assistive technology (AT)? Check-out JAN's "AT Update: What's New in 2023" webcast for an introduction to new and improved AT and a discussion about implementing AT as a job accommodation.
- "Advancing Access and Equity" Poster Available
"Advancing Access & Equity" is the 2023 theme for National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM). Observed each October, NDEAM celebrates the contributions of workers with disabilities and showcases supportive, inclusive workplace policies and practices. NDEAM is a great time for employers to share their commitment to a disability-inclusive workforce. Start by putting up this year's NDEAM poster, made available in English and Spanish by the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP).
- EARN Mental Health Toolkit Updated
The Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN) has updated the Workplace Mental Health Toolkit! The Toolkit provides employers with the knowledge, skills, and resources necessary to create a supportive work atmosphere for those living with mental health conditions. Find resources, tips, and strategies for supporting mental health and well-being in marginalized communities, as well as addressing Long COVID and mental health in the workplace.
The Way I See It: Accommodation Process Perspectives from Different Points of View
Accommodation process points of view are unique to each individual and their role in the process. Whether you’re an employer representative responsible for processing accommodation requests under the Americans with...
Accommodation Solutions: Respiratory Conditions, Allergies, & Fragrance Sensitivity
Respiratory conditions, allergies, and environmental sensitivities can be challenging to understand and accommodate. Join the JAN Sensory Team for a solution-based discussion introducing JAN’s three-pronged approach for selecting accommodations to...
ADA and Beyond Compliance Considerations: Medical Documentation
When an employer requests medical documentation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), there is more to consider than just checking boxes off a list. Offering flexibility in the...