Medifab manufactures and sells a range of equipment to assist people of all ages with Medical difficulties. We constantly strive to improve the comfort and well being of all users and we are committed to bringing the best product to our customers.
Medifab make a positive difference to lives of persons with a disability, therapists and carers globally by providing leading edge postural support solutions for a wide range of special needs.
More than just a comfortable seat...
The Gravity Chair is a very supportive foam positioning system to augment postural control for a wide range of individuals.
Gravity Chair follows the principle 'Tension and Relaxation' whereby it provides:
- Alternative Seating, and
- Serves the therapeutical aim of stable positioning
The Gravity Chair has an appealing look that suits the home or school environment with neutral colour wipe-down covers.
- Patients who can only lie down learn to be able to sit in the Gravity Chair
- With patients who spasm, the Gravity Chair absorbs the tension. After the spasm, the chair brings the user back into the original position.
- Patients with perception deficit or ADHD get close body contact in the Gravity Chair which raises self-awareness. This helps the user to stay calm.
- Palliative care clients
- The Gravity Chair can create an optimal solution for many occupational therapy requirements.
Houdini 31 7-Point Harness
Medifab's most secure vehicle harness - will keep any Houdini's from escaping from their vehicle seat!
Vehicle positioning harness for children and adults with special needs such as Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Down Syndrome, Asperger’s disorder, developmental delay or other challenging behavioural needs where the person has problems with attention and safety. Providing safer travel and management of these loved ones when travelling in the car or other means of transport.
Alternatively, this harness can also be used to offer postural support and assist in seating the occupant in an upright sitting position for persons with physical disabilities such as Cerebral Palsy (CP) and other significant physical disabilities or complex needs where extra support and positioning is required during travel.
The Houdini 31 Harness offers greater support due to a front PVC pad that is attached around the individual's torso with two straps fitted with anti-escape buckles.
Fits most types of vehicle seating including single & double seats. To fit the harness access is required between the seat back and seat cushion.
Please note that this vehicle harness is not classed as safety harness but as a medical device for postural support. To comply with safety regulations, the vehicle safety belt must always be worn over the top of the harness. The combination of the existing vehicle safety belt and the secondary harness offers added security for the passenger. Carries the CE mark and complies with the requirements of MDD 93/42 EEC.
It is advisable to carry out a safety and risk assessment to first consider the problems involved and what the situation would be if the passenger is not wearing a special needs harness. Could they be in danger to themselves and to other passengers in the vehicle or even other drivers on the road if they are not safely seated during travel?
A safety webbing slicer is included with every vehicle harness and must be kept in the vehicle as a safety precaution.
Poz'in'Form Lying Positioning System
Designed to perform various support and comfort functions for long-term bedridden people
Proper positioning is crucial in the prevention of pressure ulcers. Due to the material it is comprised of, Poz’in’Form cushions offer all the required features in bedsore prevention.
The combination of a micropore fabric and a bi-elastic and breathable Pharmatex or Lenzing FR cover offers maximum breathability of the cushion.
Cushion filling is made of thin microfiber which perfectly fits the body shape, ensuring optimal pressure distribution, and contributes to a significant reduction in friction and shearing forces.
Poz’in’Form cushions are designed to perform various support and comfort functions for long-term bedridden people. The microfibers prevent from creep effects that are regularly observed in classical positioning and from early deterioration of the support. The various forms, sizes and models of Poz’in’Form allow for a wide range of positioning possibilities.
Seahorse Plus Shower & Commode Chair
Introducing Seahorse Plus, a development of the acclaimed Seahorse Sanichair. Available in three sizes, the Seahorse Plus suits children from 5 years of age, using the correctly sized liners.
- Three chair sizes to suit children 5 to 10 years (small), 10 to 15 years (medium) and 15 to 18 years (large)
- Constructed from durable plastic and aluminium, for light weight, ease of cleaning and corrosion resistance
- Safe working load 64 kg (small), 89 kg (medium) and 102 kg (large)
- Large independently braked non-marking castors for ease of movement
- Generous aperture to facilitate toileting and washing
- Independently height adjustable footrests, complete with foot-straps
- Height and depth adjustable swivel headrest included with the chair
- Comfortably padded ‘Poziform dual-pull’ lap-strap included