Freedom Scientific is the largest worldwide manufacturer of assistive technology products for those with vision impairments or learning disabilities. Freedom Scientific is the only company with a complete line of products for those with vision impairments. All our products are tested and guaranteed to work together. For over 10 years, we have helped people in over 55 countries using 24 languages achieve their professional and personal goals.
ElBraille 40 V combines the flexibility of a modern mainstream computer running the Windows® 10 operating system with JAWS® and a Focus 40 5th Gen braille display to offer a fully accessible compact solution. (JAWS and Focus 40 Blue 5th Gen braille display sold separately.)
Students and professionals alike will appreciate being able to run any Windows application such as Microsoft Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®, or Outlook®. Use FSReader to read DAISY books from sources such as Bookshare.org or browse the internet with Microsoft Internet Explorer®, Google Chrome® or Mozilla® Firefox.
Use your existing Focus 40 Blue 5th generation Braille display and your existing JAWS license.
If you already own a Focus 40 Blue 5th Generation Braille Display, use it with your new ElBraille 40. Your Focus 40 Braille Display will dock directly into your ElBraille 40 V. Also, if you own a current JAWS License, you can authorize it to work on your ElBraille 40 V.
- Runs Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
- Works with Focus 40 Blue 5th Generation Braille Display
- 7th generation Intel® Core™ i5-7Y57 Processor with vPro technology Dual-core (4M Cache, up to 3.30 GHz)
- 128 GB SSD hard drive
- 8 GB RAM
- 2 stereo speakers and 1/8″ (3.5 mm) headphone jack
- Built-in microphone
- Additional sound and vibration feedback for key functions such as powering on and off or connecting or disconnecting the AC adapter
- Wireless WLAN802.11 A/B/G/N/AC networks support (2.4 and 5 GHz)
- Bluetooth V4.2
- A built-in 4G LTE modem for cellular connectivity supporting AT&T compatible systems
- Memory card slot supporting SD, SDHC, SDXC up to 2TB
- Ports: 2 USB 3.0, USB-C, and SIM card slot
- HDMI monitor connection supported via Windows Miracast Wi-Fi connection using an optional Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, model P3Q-00001 (not included)
- Rechargeable 21,500 mAh battery (Approximately 15 hours on battery)
- ElBraille 40 V dimensions: 14.6×5.2×1.5 in. (370x132x39 mm)
- ElBraille 40 V weight: approximately 2.2 lbs. (1 kg) including Braille Display
Eye-Pal SOLO is a stand-alone scanning and reading appliance with OCR and read-aloud capabilities, so no computer knowledge is required. It scans up to 20 pages per minute and reads text nearly instantaneously, allowing users to work quickly without frustration. Eye-Pal SOLO easily and accurately reads printed material from books, newspapers, magazines, mail, and more - without the need of a computer.
Save documents in .TXT or MP3 format to a USB flash drive. You can even connect a monitor to the Eye-Pal SOLO LV model to display text in a high-contrast, large font for low-vision users. The Eye-Pal SOLO is fast, accurate, and easy to use – start listening today!
- Easy to set up and use — no computer required
- Converts printed text to natural, human-sounding speech
- Automatically and accurately reads printed material
- Hand-motion activated
- Scans 20 pages per minute
- Save documents as TXT or MP3 format files
- Lightweight and space saving: weighs under 7 pounds and is only 9" wide by 11" long
The Focus 14 Blue combines comfort, portability, and advanced features for the ultimate go-anywhere Braille interface device. A highly responsive 8-dot keyboard and seamless USB and Bluetooth® connectivity make the Focus 14 Blue the ideal note-taking companion for smartphones, iPads®, tablets and other mobile devices.
The lightweight and compact Focus 40 Blue combines the latest Braille technology with a user-friendly keyboard and control layout, plus USB and Bluetooth® connectivity. Easily connect to iOS and Android™ devices such as smartphones, iPads®, tablets, and other mobile devices. Control your PC with the Perkins-style keyboard for effortless Braille text input. Combine the Focus 40 Blue with JAWS® for the ultimate in speech and Braille access to your PC.
The low-profile Focus 80 Blue has 80 cells of paper-like Braille, an ultra-responsive Braille keyboard, and user-friendly controls so you can work comfortably and efficiently for hours. Built-in Bluetooth® and USB connections let you work with two computers and toggle between them without losing your place. Use with the JAWS® screen reader to navigate Windows® and enter contracted Braille with the Perkins-style keyboard.
Fusion is the ultimate accessibility tool for schools, agencies, training centers, and businesses where individuals with vision loss are served. Fusion provides the best of both worlds – ZoomText® , with its screen magnification and visual enhancements for screen viewing ease, coupled with the power and speed of JAWS® for screen reading functionality. A single installer and one license gives you access to both ZoomText and JAWS individually, or together when run as the combined solution – Fusion.
JAWS, Job Access With Speech, is the world's most popular screen reader, developed for computer users whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content or navigating with a mouse. JAWS provides speech and Braille output for the most popular computer applications on your PC.
MAGic is a screen magnification solution for low vision computer users. MAGic can help you work more efficiently with business applications, documents, email, navigating the Internet, and engaging in social networking. MAGic delivers smooth, crisp letters, even at the highest magnification levels.
MAGic® is a powerful magnification solution for low vision computer users. Get started quickly with large-print installation. MAGic’s talking installation and customizable low vision speech complement the magnification and visual enhancements to provide easy access to your computer programs.
MAGic is also available with Remote Access (RA). Remote Access software like Citrix Program Neighborhood and Remote Desktop Connection allows you to establish a connection from your computer to another computer and run programs and view files just as if you were sitting at that computer’s keyboard.
This MAGic® Large Print Keyboard provides low vision users an easy-to-read keyboard designed to enhance the MAGic® & JAWS® experience. It features 22 dedicated MAGic® keys and that makes learning and using MAGic® easier than ever before. Its bold, high-contrast keys provide fast, accurate typing with less eye fatigue.
The omniReader® reads printed text to you by pressing a single button. You can follow the magnified text in high-contrast colors on the built-in screen, or simply listen as the omniReader reads text out loud. You can also use the screen to instantly magnify objects and see them more clearly. Thanks to its lightweight design, built-in handle, and long battery life, you can pick it up and use it wherever you want – at home, at the office, and even on the go.
- Accurately and instantly read and magnify text
- Large, easy-to-use controls with profiles for low vision and blind users
- Portable, and lightweight – ideal to take with you
- Connect a headset to listen to documents privately
- Magnify small objects and fine print in Live Viewing Mode
- Scan and read documents in portrait orientation
- Save multi-page documents
- Read from and save to a USB thumb drive
- Scan material in 17 different languages and listen with multiple human-sounding voices
With its integrated camera and monitor, the ONYX Deskset HD lets you read what you want, whether it’s across the room or at your desk. The 3-in-1 flexible camera provides document reading, distance viewing, and self-viewing modes with versatile controls, adapting from one viewing situation to the next as quickly as you do.
- Self-contained and easy to carry
- Magnification up to 131x, depending on monitor
- Available in various LCD sizes
- Distance, document, and self views
- Camera settings saved for each view
- Camera rotation in all three directions
- 33 high-contrast color viewing modes (6 default plus 27 configurable)
- True full color plus high-contrast full color
- Freeze Frame
- Adjustable Reading Lines, Masks, and Shades
- Find Feature
- Focus Lock
- Unique, pocket-sized RF remote control
- Available with optional rolling carrying case
OpenBook converts printed documents or graphic-based text into an electronic text format on your PC, using high-quality speech and the latest optical character recognition (OCR) technology. OpenBook is innovative software designed to enhance success for people who are blind or have low vision who need access to printed and electronic materials. OpenBook and the PEARL document camera create a complete scanning and reading system for work, home, and school.
RUBY handheld video magnifiers provide the help that many people with low vision need to read text and see details. All RUBY models have a crisp, sharp image, high-contrast modes, and built-in LEDs. The streamlined design means RUBY can go with you anywhere, giving you easy access to photos, letters, prescriptions, packaging labels, and menus, even in a dark restaurant. With its broad range of adjustable, undistorted magnification, a RUBY video magnifier outperforms a drawerful of traditional magnifiers.
TOPAZ EZ HD is an economical high-definition (HD) magnifier that emphasizes ease of use with single-function controls. The HD camera provides superior image quality, a wider field of view, and a lower magnification range.
The TOPAZ OCR combines video magnification and text-to-speech features into a single desktop video magnifier. The high-definition camera produces a clear picture with sharp images and crisp text. This lets you use a lower magnification to maximize the amount of information displayed on the screen. It also reduces the need to move the XY table as much when reading text, looking at pictures, or working on crafts and other projects.
The TOPAZ also includes an OCR camera. A simple screen tap changes TOPAZ from a video magnifier to a scanning and reading device with speech. When in OCR mode, TOPAZ displays, processes, acquires, and reads aloud the document currently displayed on the screen.
- All the features of the standard TOPAZ HD magnifier PLUS...
- 24-inch touchscreen display
- High-definition camera provides a crisp image that is easy to read at all magnification levels
- Widest field of view to fit more text on the screen at once, for greater productivity with less fatigue
- Use the optional GEM® image management software to view, capture, and save magnified images from TOPAZ to your computer
- Acquire and process documents displayed on the screen
- Listen to the unit read the processed text
- See a full page view of the document with clearly marked reading zones
- Reading zones permit fast document navigation by tapping a zone and having immediate speech from that part of the document
- Continue to add more pages to the document, and quickly save it to an SD card
The lightweight TOPAZ® PHD offers the comfort and productivity features of a desktop video magnifier but folds away like a laptop. The TOPAZ PHD provides brilliant image quality and customizable high-contrast color modes to minimize eye fatigue.
With auto-focus, a wide magnification range, intuitive controls, six default and 27 customizable high-contrast color modes, and adjustable reading lines and masks, the new TOPAZ PHD offers the freedom to independently read and view the details that matter in the home, office, classroom, or on the go.
- Lightweight, collapsible, portable design
- Brilliant image quality that is easy to read at all magnification levels
- Choice of monitor sizes: 12-inch or 15-inch
- Magnification up to 24x (12-inch monitor) or 31x (15-inch monitor)
- Over 9 inches of working space to write and work comfortably
- Auto-focus camera
- Document reading and self-viewing modes
- Adjustable reference lines and masks to easily keep your place and reduce glare
- Find function to quickly zoom out, locate the next area of interest, and zoom in
- SD Card slot to quickly store images
- USB PC connectivity when used with GEM® software
The TOPAZ XL HD is the most versatile desktop video magnifier available – with the clarity and crispness of high definition plus PC compatibility. The TOPAZ XL HD uses a high definition camera to produce a clearer picture with sharper images and crisper text even at the lowest magnification. Lower magnification means you can maximize the amount of information displayed on the screen, especially with a widescreen monitor.
- Clear, vivid image at less than 2x – see across an entire page
- 1080p resolution
- Computer compatibility
- Ergonomic design with easy-to-use controls
- Directed LED lighting for a bright work surface without glare
- 8.25 inches of workspace under the camera
- Extra large reading table for newspapers, oversized books, and handcrafts
- Freeze Frame, adjustable Masks and Lines, Focus Lock and Find feature
- Position locator beam
- 30 customizable high contrast text color modes
Designed for anyone who struggles to see the lettering on their keyboard, the ZoomText Large-Print Keyboard makes typing faster and easier than ever before. Each key and button label is easy to see, even in low light, thanks to its 36-point text and choice of high-contrast color schemes: “Black on Yellow” or “White on Black”.
The ZoomText Large-Print Keyboard also provides quick access to ZoomText features. The F1 through F12 keys perform double duty. When you press and hold a function key, its assigned ZoomText command is triggered. The commands allow you to instantly start ZoomText, change magnification levels, toggle screen enhancements, launch AppReader and DocReader, and more - all without having to memorize hotkeys.
You can even reassign each feature key to your choice of ZoomText commands, Internet and multimedia commands, or to open an application, document or web page.