Adjective Remix targets practicing vocabulary knowledge of qualifying words (aka adjectives). Vocabulary building is valuable for many young children with developmental delays and language disorders (Kuster, 2011). This application was designed to be used by parents, teachers, special educators or speech language pathologists. It is possible to play the activity with only one or multiple children. Adjective Remix will analyze the data and track progress, which can be emailed or printed. In order to more effectively teach this concept we have segmented the adjectives into 8 major categories:
1.Appearance: Broken, Clean, Comfortable, Dirty, Elegant, Fluffy, Long, New, Soft, Sparkling, Valuable.
2. Colors: Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Purple, Pink, Black.
3. Feelings: Angry, Happy, Nervous, Sad, Scary, Excited, Bored.
4. Quantity: Empty, Few, Full, Heavy.
5. Shape: Chubby, Curved, Round, Squared, Thick, Thin.
6. Size: Big, Short, Small, Tall, Tiny.
7. Time: Ancient, Fast, Modern, Old, Slow, Young.
8. Touch & Taste: Cold, Fresh, Hot, Nutritious, Salty, Sweet, Wet, Dry.