Ask JAN! We can help. When you contact the Job Accommodation Network (JAN), you will receive confidential, trusted guidance and technical assistance on job accommodation solutions, Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and related legislation, and self-employment and entrepreneurship options for individuals with disabilities. The JAN staff includes highly qualified and experienced thought leaders and innovators on disability employment issues. We provide technical assistance related to: job accommodation solutions, compliance with and enforcement of disability-related employment laws, accommodation-related products, vendors, and services, disability inclusion resources, best practices, the interactive accommodation process, and how to request and negotiate job accommodations. JAN customers also receive information on self-employment and small business development.
Since 1983, the JAN staff has provided quality customer service to more than 700,000 customers, including employers, individuals with disabilities and their family members, legal, medical, and educational professionals, service providers, union representatives, and others. The JAN staff is unsurpassed in its wealth of knowledge, experience, resources, and dedication to the mission of improving employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities by providing timely, accurate, and thorough information to its customers. Everyone at JAN fulfills a role in this mission and helps promote a more inclusive workforce.
The JAN consulting staff includes Consultants with varying specialties and professional experience who assist all types of JAN customers, and Employment Specialists who specialize in assisting individuals with disabilities and their family members. Most serve as a member of a specialty team: ADA, Cognitive/Neurological, Motor, Sensory, and Self-Employment. In addition to providing expert consultation, some consulting staff design and deliver customized training, speak nationally on ADA and job accommodation issues, and create JAN resources. Collectively, the JAN consulting staff has more than 175 years of experience providing customized ADA technical assistance, job accommodation solutions, referrals, and training.
The JAN staff also includes dedicated and experienced support staff members who understand our customers’ concerns and direct them to appropriate consulting staff for assistance, oversee and develop our extensive AskJAN.org website, engage in social media outreach, manage and support our complex information technology systems and data security, and facilitate day-to-day operations.
Learn More About the JAN Staff
- Deborah (DJ) Hendricks, Executive Director
- Anne Hirsh, Director of Collaborations, Evaluation, and Reporting
- Linda Batiste, Director of Services and Publications
- Tracie DeFreitas, Director of Training, Services, and Outreach
- Melanie Whetzel, Principal Consultant, Team Lead
- Kimberly Cordingly, Lead Consultant, Self-Employment Specialist
- Teresa Goddard, Lead Consultant, Assistive Technology Services
- Lisa Mathess, Lead Consultant, ADA Specialist
- Matthew McCord, Senior Consultant (Motor)
- James Potts, Senior Consultant (Cognitive/Neurological)
- Julie Davis, Consultant (Motor)
- Lore Lee, Consultant
- Jose Gonzalez Lopez, Consultant (Sensory/Motor)
- Lisa DeMoss, Consultant (Cognitive/Neurological)
- Sara Eggleston, Consultant (Motor/Sensory)
- Bill McCollam, Consultant (Cognitive/Neurological)
Information Technology, Website Development, Data Security Staff
- Tom Freeman, Information Technology Manager
- Akram Gierana, Database Manager
- Lyssa Rowan, Web Developer
- Elaine Sampson, Data Security Team Lead
- Samuel Brooker, Web and Staff Assistant
Administrative Support Staff
- Maggie Wolfe, Program Coordinator
- Kimberly Kerns, Program Coordinator
- Hollee Nelson, Program Assistant
- Elena Dugan, Program Assistant