Job coaching is a flexible, cost-effective accommodation to assist employees who require temporary assistance to deal with illness or disability. Job coaching is short-term in nature - usually 10-12 sessions over the course of 90 days - and is designed to reduce challenges presented by ADA-qualifying conditions to enable the employee to perform the essential functions of their role. VocaWell job coaches are subject matter experts in the complex ways disability, mental health, and neurodivergence can interact with a person's job. Common areas include:
- ADHD and undiagnosed challenges with attention and focus.
- Mental health conditions of all kinds, including depression, anxiety, trauma, and bipolar disorder.
- Neurodiversity in all its forms—whether a formal condition that is diagnosed, or a self-recognized difference in thinking and experiencing the world.
- The full spectrum of autism.
- Dyslexia, auditory and sensory processing disorders, or learning disabilities.
- Traumatic brain injury, stroke, and cognitive or memory impairment.
- Medical conditions that can affect thinking ability and energy levels —such as chronic pain, cancer (particularly while undergoing treatment), COVID, and heart problems.
- Low vision and blindness, whether new or recently acquired.
- Physical conditions that impact mobility, accessibility, and stamina—whether new, life-long, or degenerative.
- Employees returning to work after short-term disability, long-term disability, or other leave.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or book a free 30-minute consultation through their website.