The Science Company
The Science Company® has a retail tradition begun in Denver, Colorado in 1953 as COSCO. The variety of our products available continues to expand and The Science Company® will add to those available on the internet as items are evaluated and quality/value ensured. On our site, we now provide a selective group of products, consisting of chemicals, lab supplies, microscopes, telescopes, and test instruments. All are selected for suitability and reliability for student, professional or personal use.
Buret Clamp, Powder Coated
A buret clamp is attached to a lab stand to gently hold items such as small beakers, test tubes, and burets. This powder coated clamp is 9-1/2 inches long with vinyl coated jaws and can be rotated 360° and locked at any angle. Clamp jaws open 1/2” (12.7mm) to 4-3/4” (120mm).
The screw adjustment allows for precise pressure when gripping glass objects, to avoid potential breakage. And the prongs are coated in vinyl for higher temperature applications.
- Clamp constructed of powder coated high grade zinc alloy.
- Two vinyl coated clamp prongs attached to swivel bosshead.
- Maximum clamp opening is 11 cm.
- Swivel between Clamp and Bosshead.
- Boss accommodates to 18 mm rod.
- High strength alloy bosshead.
- Adjustment Type: Single Adjustment
- Number of Fingers: 2
- Length of Clamp + Rod): 9-1/2" (24cm)
- Rod Length: 5-5/8" (14cm)
- Rod Diameter: 3/8"
- Grip Height: 1" (2.5cm)
- Max Opening: 4-3/4" (12cm)
- Min Opening: 1/2" (1.3cm)
- Prong Coating: Vinyl
- Adjustment Screw Composition: Metal
- Body Composition: Made of zinc and powder coated alloy with metal adjustment screw.
- Extension Rod Composition: Stainless Steel.
Test Tube Clamp / Holder
This test tube holder, or clamp, is 6.25 inches long with finger grips. Holds any size test tube.
The test tube holder is used to hold test tubes when they are hot and untouchable.