Interact-AS is used to remove multiple communication barriers:
- Individuals who are Deaf can directly communicate with people who do not know sign language;
- A person that is Hard-of-Hearing can now instantly see a closed-caption transcript of what’s being said, be it a conversation, a conference room discussion, a radio broadcast, or a video program;
- People that have difficulty writing or typing but have verbal skills, can use their voice to dictate memos, answer test questions, or generate text for documents and emails;
- Interact-AS gives a voice back to individuals who have lost the ability to speak (e.g., ALS patients) by voicing aloud whatever a person types or writes; and
- With the optional Language Modules, Interact-AS instantly translates conversations to and from foreign languages.