2-1-1 is an easy-to-remember telephone number that, where available, connects people with important community services and volunteer opportunities. The implementation of 2-1-1 is being spearheaded by United Ways and comprehensive and specialized information and referral agencies in states and local communities. United Way of America (UWA) and the Alliance for Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) strongly support federal funding so that every American has access to this essential service.
Speak with a live, highly trained service professional in your area. All calls are confidential.
Accessible 24/7 • All languages • Completely Confidential
2-1-1 is available throughout the U.S. and in many parts of Canada* by phone, text, and web. A toll-free call to 2-1-1 connects you to a community resource specialist in your area who can help you find services and resources that are available to you locally and provide critical services that can improve—and save—lives. You’ll find information about:
- supplemental food and nutrition programs
- shelter and housing options and utilities assistance
- emergency information and disaster relief
- employment and education opportunities
- services for veterans
- health care, vaccination and health epidemic information
- addiction prevention and rehabilitation programs
- reentry help for ex-offenders
- support groups for individuals with mental illnesses or special needs
- a safe, confidential path out of physical and/or emotional domestic abuse