Self Employment Services
Self-Employment Services provide an opportunity for individuals with disabilities to own a business with appropriate resources and supports. Self employment is defined as working for oneself with direct control over work and with prices for products and/or services set to make a profit. Services based on the individual’s needs may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Referral to and coordination with community resources for basic business courses if applicable.
- Purchase of tools/equipment necessary for training and/or entry level requirements for the occupation.
- Obtaining necessary initial stocks and or supplies.
- Assistance with start-up legal costs.
- Assistance with marketing start-up costs.
- Assistance with accounting costs and financial reviews.
- Providing appropriate accommodations or assistive technology needed for start-up.
- Short-term rental payment assistance and required security deposits for business start-up.
- Assistance with developing the business plan.
- Acquiring licenses and permits required to lawfully engage in business.