Matias 508 Keyboard
The Matias 508 Keyboard™ is a standard desktop keyboard that has been enhanced to allow both one-handed and two-handed touch-typing.
Ideal for one-handedness, Hemiplegia, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and other hand-related injuries, Matias' innovative one-handed typing technology provides one-handed typists access comparable to two-handed typists, without undue burden.
It offers greater accessibility for disabled users, as well as productivity gains for other office workers. The added convenience of typing with one hand is ideal when using a mouse or a telephone with the other hand.
One-handed typing speeds in the 30 to 60 words-per-minute range are easily achievable using the Matias 508 Keyboard. This range is comparable to the performance of most two-handed typists, and more than sufficient for typical clerical tasks.
- Type while talking on the phone.
- Easier text editing – Scroll, select text, type corrections, or make deletions, without moving your hand back and forth between keyboard and mouse.
- Hold documents in one hand and type them in with the other hand.
- Users of Desktop Publishing, CAD, Photoshop and other graphics software can change tools and issue commands on the Half Keyboard, without taking their hand off the mouse or stylus.
- One hand incapacitated? Type with the other! A Half Keyboard is ideal for someone with a hand injury or disability.
- The 508 Keyboard gives you the best of both worlds – one-hand and two-hand typing. It's a full-size, standard keyboard that allows you to touch-type with your left hand, your right hand, or both hands.
The 508 Keyboard uses high-quality rubber dome key switches that provide a quiet tactile feel, yet offer enough resistance to hold the weight of your hands and reduce long-term fatigue.