I.D, Mate Quest
The I.D. Mate Quest is a portable all-in-one bar code scanner. It scans bar codes and UPCs, using the data to provide detailed product descriptions for blind individuals or those with low-vision. The user has the option to customize messages to augment descriptions or add information to items not found in the database.
Wireless internet connection allows for an expansive database that can tap into the power of the web to find product descriptions that may otherwise have been inaccessible. This also allows for a pricing currency identification system and Skype video conferencing.
Some categories of items within the built-in database are:
- Health & Beauty
- CDs and DVDs
Many items include detailed descriptions extended to consider instructions, ingredients and warnings. The database includes over one million items and can be tailored by country.
- Cyclone Scanner provides quick and reliable scans
- Weighs only 7 ounces
- Only 6 inches in length
- 8GB SD memory card
- Records memos and plays/records/erases messages
- Inventory capabilities allow for managing product inventory
- Rechargeable battery
- Earphone jack
- Connects via wi-fi and Bluetooth
- Stores and plays MP3s
- English, German, French and Spanish languages
- Displays time and date for international time zones
- Download software updates instantly via internet