Euro Sling Arm Support System
The Euro-Sling counter-balance arm sling supports the arm and will provide functional assistance during muscle re-education for patients with impairment or paresis of the shoulder muscles, cervical spine injuries, shoulder nerve injuries, hemiplegia, multiple sclerosis and certain forms of rheumatoid arthritis. Arms can be supported and exercised individually. It can be used as a passive support for training in ADL activities, eating skills, grooming, etc. It can also be used as a resistive exercise device. The sling support cross bar can be adjusted to provide more distal support to the hand to assist in reach extension, or proximal to the shoulder to assist with shoulder lift.
Arm swing distance may be restricted to control elbow flexion and extension. The distance for internal and external shoulder flexion and extension may also be restricted as needed. Adjustable weights provide multiple incrementation for correct assistance as well as resistance to the deltoids, making the patient utilize what strength they have in these muscles. Provides proximal support to the shoulder for exercising and assists in functional reaching activities. Telescoping shoulder width adjustment and telescoping arm length adjustment for proper body alignment. Dual horizontal pulley wheels provide smooth transitioning during internal and external movements.
- The Euro-Sling is a counter-balance arm sling system that supports the arm and provides functional assistance and muscle re-education for patients
- Arm supports can be used independently
- Provides passive support for training
- Can also provide resistance for exercises
- The sling support cross bar can be adjusted
- Telescoping shoulder width adjustment and telescoping arm length adjustment
- Base width is 80 cm (31.5")