Organization: South Dakota Disadvantaged Business EnterpriseAbout:
The objectives of the DBE program are to:
- ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of federal-aid contracts
- create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for federal-aid contracts
- ensure that the Department's DBE program is narrowly tailored
- ensure that only firms that fully meet the eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs
- help remove barriers to participation of DBEs in federal-aid contracts
- assist in the development of firms that can compete successfully in the marketplace outside the DBE program.