JAN's Workplace Accommodation Toolkit
A free, comprehensive online resource for employersRead MoreJAN's Workplace Accommodation Toolkit
- When an applicant or a job candidate requests an accommodation for the hiring process, are there ways to shorten the accommodation process so we can get someone hired quicker?
As long as it does not interfere with your ability to provide an effective accommodation, you can shorten the accommodation process in any way you choose. If you need ideas, see:
- Streamlining the Interactive Process When Accommodating Job Applicants
- Hiring Process Reasonable Accommodation Flowchart
- Sample Medical Inquiry Form in Response to an Accommodation Request for the Hiring Process
- Sample Reasonable Accommodation Request Form for the Hiring Process
- Sample Reasonable Accommodation Statements for the Hiring Process
Employers who want to give hiring preference to job applicants with disabilities will need to know whether a candidate has a disability to meet this affirmative action goal. How can employers ask applicants to disclose their disability status without violating the ADA's restrictions on medical inquiries? Read Affirmative Action and Disability: What Can Employers Ask?
- Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN)
- Finding an Interpreter for an Interview
- Inclusion@Work: A Framework for Building a Disability-Inclusive Organization
- Incorporate Reasonable Accommodation Practices into your Onboarding Process
- JAN Workplace Accommodation Toolkit
- Online Application Systems: Sample Language for Accommodation Statements
- Processing Accommodation Requests for Hiring
- TalentWorks: Accessible eRecruiting for Employers
- Testing Accommodations
- Year-Round Employer Strategies for Advancing Disability Inclusion
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) activities don't have to end in October. NDEAM offers an opportunity to launch year-round activities that highlight the importance of including disability in all your organization's diversity endeavors. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) offers ten ways to foster the NDEAM spirit year-round. Find ideas for fostering a disability-inclusive workplace.
- October 2022 JAN Webcast Available, "Building a Disability-Inclusive Organization"
- JAN and the Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN) recently collaborated for the October JAN Webcast Series to explore the core components of a disability-inclusive workplace and share practical strategies for meeting diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) goals. View "Building a Disability-Inclusive Organization."
- 2022 JAN Webcast Series Ends with "Providing Reasonable Accommodations to Veterans with Disabilities"
The 2022 JAN Webcast Series will wrap-up with a timely and informative training about veterans with cognitive and mental health conditions and common accommodations that may be needed for success at work. Register to attend "Providing Reasonable Accommodations to Veterans with Disabilities" on Thursday, November 10, 2022, at 2:00 p.m. ET.
Topics and registration for the 2023 JAN Accommodation and Compliance Webcast Series will be released by the end of November 2022. Follow JAN on Facebook and Twitter for announcements!
Providing Reasonable Accommodations to Veterans with Disabilities
Join us for a timely and informative training about veterans with cognitive and mental health impairments and common accommodations that may be needed for success at work. Consultants James Potts...
Ask JAN! Q&A
Ask JAN! We can help. During this live webcast, JAN consulting staff will discuss trending job accommodation and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) topics and answer attendee questions related to...
Supports and Services: Accommodations with a Heartbeat
Sometimes the best accommodation approach is to implement an accommodation with a heartbeat! This training will cover the ins and outs of implementing supports and services as job accommodations. Heartbeat...