Supporting Employees with Long COVID: A Guide for Employers
A resource developed jointly by JAN and the Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN)Read MoreSupporting Employees with Long COVID: A Guide for Employers
- Can employers go beyond the requirements of the ADA when providing accommodations if they choose to do so?
- Yes! The ADA standard for providing reasonable accommodations is the minimum that employers are required to meet; employers are not prohibited from going beyond ADA compliance to do more to ensure that employees with disabilities can perform their job duties. For employers who want to move beyond mere compliance, JAN offers a free Workplace Accommodation Toolkit that includes practical guidance and accommodation best practices.
For employers who want to make sure that applicants, candidates, and employees with disabilities know about their rights under the ADA and how to ask for accommodations, including a statement on all communication can be very helpful. JAN offers guidance and sample statements in the following publication: Making a Statement – About Reasonable Accommodation and Equal Opportunity.
- Next JAN Webcast: AT Update 2022, August 11, 2022, 2:00-3:00 p.m. ET
- Are you wondering about what's new in the world of assistive technology (AT)? Are you curious about equipment and technology-related accommodation trends? Do you simply have a love of gadgets? Attend this JAN training for an introduction to new and improved products and a discussion of how to apply them as workplace accommodations. Register today!
- DOL Hosting Online Dialogue on Workplace Challenges Related to Long COVID
- The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Surgeon General invite the public to share experiences, insights, and possible solutions to workplace challenges related to Long COVID. Join the online dialogue.
- View the July 2022 JAN Webcast: ADA Update 2022
- Learn from Jeanne Goldberg, Senior Attorney Advisor, Office of Legal Counsel, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), about the latest developments in the application of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in the workplace, some practical tips for compliance, and answers to tough ADA questions. View JAN’s July Accommodation and Compliance Series webcast, "ADA Update 2022."
AT Update 2022
Are you wondering about what’s new in the world of assistive technology (AT)? Are you curious about equipment and technology-related accommodation trends? Do you simply have a love of gadgets?...
Accommodation Solutions for Sleep Disorders
(Rescheduled from Sept. 8) Join JAN Cognitive/Neurological Team experts Melanie Whetzel and Alexis Popa for an informative and interactive session on sleep disorders. Employees and employers alike contact JAN for assistance...
Building a Disability-Inclusive Organization
Help your organization create a disability-inclusive workplace culture and meet diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) goals. Join this collaborative training brought to you by JAN and the Employer Assistance...
Providing Reasonable Accommodations to Veterans with Disabilities
Join us for a timely and informative training about veterans with cognitive and mental health impairments and common accommodations that may be needed for success at work. Consultants James Potts...