The ADA and the COVID-19 PandemicRead MoreADA and Accommodation Lessons Learned: COVID-19 Edition
- As part of the monthly JAN Webcast Series, JAN experts will offer Q&A with the JAN Cognitive/Psych Team: Challenging Mental Health Scenarios on Tuesday, May 11, 2021. Registration is full for this free training but an archive will be released after the event.
- JAN Lead and Principal Consultants, Melanie Whetzel and Linda Batiste, will discuss accommodating employees with mental health conditions as guest speakers during the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) workshop, “Peeling Back The Layers: Mental Health Issues at Work”.
- Inform U.S. Department of Labor programs as they develop strategies for dismantling systemic barriers to employment and participation in workforce services people with disabilities from diverse backgrounds, communities, and identities face. Go to USDOL's Efforts to Advance Racial & Social Equity in Employment for People with Disabilities National Online Dialogue.
- The Administration for Community Living has compiled strategies and best practices for helping people with disabilities and older adults access COVID-19 vaccines. This resource offers creative approaches to outreach and education, vaccine appointment facilitation, ensuring website and vaccination site accessibility, and reaching people who cannot be vaccinated outside of their home.
- New U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights fact sheet informs the COVID-19 vaccination distribution process for people with disabilities and promotes compliance with disability rights laws: Disability Access in Vaccine Distribution.
From the JAN Blog
From the Consultants' Corner
Q&A with the Cog/Psych Team: Challenging Mental Health Scenarios
May is National Mental Health Month. Join consultants Melanie and James as they discuss challenging accommodation scenarios in the workplace when employees with mental health conditions need assistance. Discover creative...
Accessibility & Accommodations: How Employers & HR Professionals Can Prepare for Emerging Tech in the Workplace
Emerging technologies, including artificial intelligence (AI) and virtual and augmented reality (XR), will shape the workplace of the future. They will change how organizations hire, train, and support employees, including...
Accommodating Public Safety Workers with Disabilities
Public safety workers are defined as employees who protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public. These front-line workers have a difficult and often dangerous job; having a disability...
Join the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and JAN as representatives provided participants with the latest developments in the application of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in the workplace,...