Teresa GoddardLead Consultant – Assistive Technology Services
Teresa Goddard joined the Job Accommodation Network (JAN) staff as a Program Assistant in March 2008, joined the JAN Motor Team as a Consultant in August 2008, and then transitioned to JAN’s Sensory Team. Teresa now provides expert level consultation and team leadership as a Lead Consultant on JAN’s Sensory Team. In this role, Teresa fields questions from employees and employers regarding their rights and responsibilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and assists in identifying accommodation solutions for individuals with sensory impairments.
Teresa’s professional experience includes work as an Educational Speech-Language Pathologist and as an English as a Foreign Language (EFL) instructor in Aichi Prefecture, Japan, where in addition to classroom teaching, she led continuing education workshops on collaborative instructional techniques and cross-cultural understanding.
Teresa earned a Master of Science degree in Speech Pathology and a Bachelor of Science degree in Speech Pathology and Audiology from West Virginia University (WVU). Teresa’s research interests include assistive technology, trauma informed practices, and cross-cultural perspectives on disability services.
- Accommodating Deaf and Hard of Hearing Employees in Virtual Meetings
- Sharps Disposal in the Workplace
- Finding an Interpreter for an Interview
- Accommodations for Educators who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Teleconference Accessibility and Hearing-Keeping Deaf and Hard of Hearing Employees in the Loop
- A Beginners Guide to Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) as an Accommodation
- Assistive Technology Solutions for Employees with Speech Impairments
- Accommodating Employees with Hearing Aids: A Beginner's Guide to T-coils
- Accommodating Employees with Keratoconus
- In the Spotlight: Stroke
- Accommodating an Aging Workforce
- Accommodating Employees with Ménière’s Disease
- Sjogren’s Syndrome: Accommodations for the Workplace
- Spasmodic Dysphonia: Accommodations for the Workplace
- Winter Weather Woes? Accommodations Can Help!
- Are Your Business Cards Accessible?