Step 4: Choose the Accommodation
Reading Printed Materials: Low Vision
- Hand, stand, or portable magnifier
- Information in large print
- Note: The American Foundation for the Blind (2006) recommends that the font size be at least 16 point but preferably 18 point.
- Photo copier enlarged paper material
- Color paper, acetate sheet, or overlay to increase color contrast between printed text and document background
- Optical devices such as monoculars or binocular systems, loupes, or prism spectacles
- Frequent breaks to rest eyes when fatigue is a factor
- Provide Optical Character Recognition (OCR) devices to scan printed text into an electronic format.