Step 4: Choose the Accommodation
Take some universal precautions to ensure safety in the workplace.
- Designate a person to respond to emergencies
- Keep aisles clear of clutter
- Provide a quick, unobstructed exit
- Post clearly marked directions for exits, fire doors, etc.
- Know when to (or not to) call 9-1-1
- Consult employee's plan of action to determine how to respond/react when employee has a seizure on the job (see "Plan of Action" section for additional information)
- Utilize personal safety and fall alert devices when appropriate.