Step 4: Choose the Accommodation
People may experience memory deficits, which can affect their ability to complete tasks, remember job duties, or recall daily actions or activities. This could be caused by a side-effect of medications or from recent seizure activity.
- Provide written or pictorial instructions or prompt with verbal cues
- Offer training refreshers
- Use a chart to describe steps to complicated tasks
- Maintain, safely and securely, paper lists of crucial information such as passwords
- Use voice recordings of verbal instructions
- Provide the employee directory with pictures
- Use nametags and door/cubicle name markers
- Provide a building directory or employee directory by name, floor, unit, etc.
- Label items on the employee's desk (in-box, this week's videos, etc.)
- Use auto-dial phone features to connect quickly to used numbers