Step 4: Choose the Accommodation
Depending on IQ and other cognitive abilities, people with intellectual or cognitive impairments may not be able to count, tally, or track due to an inability to "do math" or perform calculations involving numbers.
- Allow use of calculator: Large-display calculators and talking calculators are options
- Use counter or ticker
- Make pre-counted or pre-measured poster or jig
- Provide talking tape measure
- Use liquid level indicators
- Mark the measuring cup with a "fill to here" line