Step 4: Choose the Accommodation
Work at Full Production
People may have limitations that result in difficulty working at full production levels. Accommodations may include:
- Reducing or eliminating physical exertion and workplace stress.
- Scheduling periodic rest breaks away from the workstation.
- Implementing ergonomic workstation design with ergonomic equipment (e.g., copy holders, electric hole punches, electric stapler, foot rests, forearm supports, headsets, etc.).
- Providing adjustable/ergonomic chairs and stand/lean stools.
- Providing compact lifting devices.
- Providing anti-fatigue matting and anti-vibration materials.
- Providing a scooter or other mobility aid if walking cannot be reduced.