Step 4: Choose the Accommodation
Reading Text from a Computer Screen
People with learning disabilities may have limitations that result in difficulty reading text from a computer screen. Accommodations may include:
- Use voice output software, also called screen reading software, which highlights and reads aloud the information from the computer screen
- Use form-generating software that computerizes order forms, claim forms, applications, equations, and formula fields
- Use an on-screen "ruler" or strip or screen highlighting software to help focus and read from a computer screen.
- Alter color scheme on computer screen to suit the individual's visual preferences
- Adjust the font on computer screen to suit the individual's visual preferences