The Job Accommodation Network (JAN), an ODEP-supported service, provides individualized technical assistance, consulting, and mentoring services to individuals with disabilities, family members, and service providers. JAN consultants handle each inquiry on a case-by-case basis offering self-employment and small business development expertise and referrals regarding business planning, financing strategies, marketing research, disability-specific programs, income supports and benefits planning, e-commerce, independent contracting, home-based business options, and small business initiatives for disabled veterans. JAN customers can expect to receive a resource packet tailored to their specific entrepreneurial goals with consultants available throughout all stages of the process who can provide ongoing supports.
If you have a question about starting your own small business, send it directly to a self-employment Consultant by using JAN on Demand for Self-Employment.
Below are a number of resources to assist in developing your business.
- State Small Business and Self-Employment Guides
- State Vocational Rehabilitation Offices
- Small Business Administration (SBA) and Related Resources
- Social Security and Related Resources
- Federal Government Small Business Resources
- Associations and Organizations
- Business Plan Resources
- Consumer Protection and Credit Counseling Resources