JAN's Federal Employer Winter Webcast Series (2015)
Find practical solutions with JAN's 2015 Federal Employer Winter Webcast Series. JAN will provide three free 1.5 hour Webcast sessions in 2015. The three part series will cover Federal sector hiring and employment, reasonable accommodation, and best practices. JAN will welcome guest speakers from the Computer/Electronic Accommodations Program (CAP), Department of Defense; Office of Civil Rights and Liberties, Transportation Security Administration; and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Audience members will include Federal disability program managers, hiring managers, supervisors, EEO representatives, selective placement coordinators, and others involved in hiring and managing workers in the Federal government.
JAN Webcasts are available at no cost. Gather your employees together in a room for live, in-service training. Educate yourself, management, and other employees on disability etiquette, assistive technologies, management techniques, and the latest on accommodations and the employment provisions of the Rehabilitation Act. All Webcasts begin at 2 pm eastern and continue for 1.5 hours. You must register to attend.
- JAN’s Annual Webcast Series. Go here. Archive here.
- JAN’s Annual Federal Employer Winter Webcast Series. Go here. Archive here.
Housekeeping: How JAN Webcasts Work
Registrations are for a single computer, not a person. Any number of people may participate at that computer through the single Web link provided by the registration. However, one registration allows you one login, which includes the e-mail with which you register and a password given three to five business days prior to the scheduled event.
- Read more about viewing a JAN Webcast.
- View a sample.
Register for JAN 2015 Federal Webcast Series
February 18, 2015. JAN Webcast: Promoting Employment of Individuals with Disabilities in the Federal Workforce
- Description: Questions will be taken and answers provided that will enlighten attendees on reasonable accommodation procedures, accommodation requests, interactive process, undue hardship, and conduct rules and job performance. This session will focus on the Rehabilitation Act, and the speaker will respond to the concerns most commonly raised by those implementing Federal Sector requirements related to employing individuals with disabilities. Attendees can take this opportunity to send in their questions to firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Speaker: Jo Linda Johnson, Civil Rights Director, Office of Civil Rights & Liberties, Ombudsman and Traveler Engagement, Transportation Security Administration.
March 11, 2015. JAN Webcast: Best Practices for Complying with Section 501 of the Rehabilitation Act
- Description: Join the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and JAN as representatives provide participants with the latest developments in the application of the Rehabilitation Act in the workplace, some practical tips for compliance, and answers to tough employment questions.
- Speaker: Jeanne Goldberg, Senior Attorney Advisor, Office of Legal Counsel, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.