JAN Webcast Training Schedule (2014/2015)
JAN Webcasts are available at no cost. Gather your employees together in a room for live, in-service training. Educate yourself, management, and other employees on disability etiquette, assistive technologies, management techniques, and the latest on accommodations and the employment provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). All Webcasts begin at 2 pm eastern and are 1 hour. You must register to attend. One registration is equivalent to one login.
- JAN’s Annual Webcast Series 2014/2015. Register here. Archive here.
- JAN's Federal Contractor Winter Webcast Series 2014. Archive here.
- JAN's Federal Employer Winter Webcast Series 2015. Learn more and register here.
Housekeeping: How JAN Webcasts Work
Registrations are for a single computer, not a person. Any number of people may participate at that computer through the single Web link provided by the registration. The login URL will be emailed to the address with which you registered the day before the Webcast.
Register for Select JAN Monthly Webcasts
- Description: Join the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and JAN as representatives provided participants with the latest developments in the application of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in the workplace, some practical tips for compliance, and answers to tough ADA questions.
- Speakers: Linda Carter Batiste, J.D., and Beth Loy, Ph.D., JAN Principal Consultants and EEOC Representative.
- Description: Workplace mentoring is a strategy used to increase the retention and job performance of new employees. While mentoring may be valuable for all new employees, it may be particularly beneficial for individuals with disabilities who may have difficulties with social skills, interpreting social cues, and understanding workplace rules, particularly those that are unspoken. A mentor who can build a good relationship with the new employee can guide them through the social aspects of the workplace. Likewise, one who is supportive and encouraging can help an employee process new information, manage stress, gain confidence, and persist through challenges. Join us as we discuss mentoring and the value it brings to the workplace not only to the employees being mentored, but also to those providing the mentoring.