JAN Webcast Training Schedule (2014/2015)
JAN Webcasts are available at no cost. Gather your employees together in a room for live, in-service training. Educate yourself, management, and other employees on disability etiquette, assistive technologies, management techniques, and the latest on accommodations and the employment provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). All Webcasts begin at 2 pm eastern and are 1 hour. You must register to attend. One registration is equivalent to one login.
- JAN’s Annual Webcast Series 2014/2015. Register here. 2012-2014 archive here.
- JAN's Federal Contractor Winter Webcast Series 2014. Archive here.
- JAN's Federal Employer Winter Webcast Series 2013 archive here. Series will return in 2015.
Housekeeping: How JAN Webcasts Work
Registrations are for a single computer, not a person. Any number of people may participate at that computer through the single Web link provided by the registration. The login URL will be emailed to the address with which you registered the day before the Webcast.
Register for Select JAN Monthly Webcasts
- Description: Join JAN Senior Consultants Elisabeth Simpson and Teresa Goddard for a discussion of workplace trends impacting accommodation decisions. Topics will include accommodation processing practices, office design, collaborative workspaces, and emerging technology.
- Speakers: Elisabeth Simpson, M.S. Senior Consultant, Motor/Sensory Team, and Teresa Goddard, M.S., Senior Consultant, Motor/Sensory Team.
- Description: Forthcoming.
- Speakers: Anne E. Hirsh, M.S., JAN Co-Director, and special guest.
- Description: Tune in and stay up-to-date on current events in job accommodation, including tough accommodation situations, tricky ADA issues, and technology challenges. JAN consultants provided practical tips for handling these and other job accommodation issues.
- Description: Managing leave and attendance issues is certainly one of the more complicated tasks required of employers. To avoid potential violations of the law, it is critically important to understand the reasonable accommodation requirements of the ADA, and leave requirements of the FMLA, when applying time and attendance standards and determining leave eligibility for employees who qualify. Join JAN Lead Consultant and ADA Specialist, Tracie DeFreitas, and a special guest for a discussion about time, attendance, and leave issues.
- Speakers: Tracie DeFreitas, M.S., JAN Lead Consultant - ADA Specialist, and Jeff Nowak, management side labor and employment attorney and author of the FMLA Insights blog.
- Description: Employees with drug addiction or alcoholism may be protected under the ADA, but can lose that protection when actively using illegal drugs or alcohol. In this presentation, JAN Consultants will discuss when employees with drug and alcohol addictions are covered by the ADA, when employers may have to provide them with accommodations and what those accommodations typically are, and when employees can be disciplined for their use of drugs or alcohol.
- Description: Join JAN consultants Elisabeth Simpson and Lisa Mathess in a discussion on stay-at-work and return-to-work programs and best practices. The goal of a return-to-work program, sometimes called a transitional duty program, is to make job changes or provide job accommodations that return individuals to work who are absent for workers’ compensation or disability-related reasons. Both Stay-at-Work and Return-to-work programs can help reduce workers’ compensation costs and increase productivity of employees. The presenters will discuss how, as part of a broader disability management program, Stay-at-Work and Return-to-work initiatives should also address the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other disability-related laws.
- Speakers: Elisabeth Simpson, M.S. Senior Consultant, Motor/Sensory Team, and Lisa Mathess, M.S., Senior Consultant, Motor/Sensory Team.
- Description: Pregnant women and women with pregnancy-related medical conditions sometimes need accommodations to keep working during their pregnancy. The extent of an employer’s obligation to provide reasonable accommodation for pregnant workers has not always been clear under the Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA) or the ADA. Join JAN Lead Consultant and ADA Specialist, Tracie DeFreitas, and a special guest, for a discussion about pregnancy and related issues in the workplace.
- Speakers: Tracie DeFreitas, M.S., JAN Lead Consultant - ADA Specialist, and special guest.
- Description: Join the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and JAN as representatives provided participants with the latest developments in the application of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in the workplace, some practical tips for compliance, and answers to tough ADA questions.
- Speakers: Linda Carter Batiste, J.D., and Beth Loy, Ph.D., JAN Principal Consultants and EEOC Representative.
- Description: Forthcoming.