JAN Webcast Training Schedule (2013/2014)
JAN Webcasts are available at no cost. Gather your employees together in a room for live, in-service training. Educate yourself, management, and other employees on disability etiquette, assistive technologies, management techniques, and the latest on accommodations and the employment provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). All Webcasts begin at 2 pm eastern and are 1 hour. You must register to attend. One registration is equivalent to one login.
- JAN’s Annual Webcast Series 2013/2014. Register here. 2012-2014 archive here.
- JAN's Federal Contractor Winter Webcast Series 2014. Archive here.
- JAN's Federal Employer Winter Webcast Series 2013 archive here. Series will return in 2015.
Housekeeping: How JAN Webcasts Work
Registrations are for a single computer, not a person. Any number of people may participate at that computer through the single Web link provided by the registration. However, one registration allows you one login, which includes the e-mail with which you register and a password given three to five business days prior to the scheduled event.
- Read more about viewing a JAN Webcast.
Register for Select JAN 2013/2014 Monthly Webcasts
August 5, 2014. JAN Webcast: Best Practices - Employment and Service Dogs: Perspectives from Assistance Dog Experts
- August 3rd is the beginning of International Assistance Dog Week. Join us as we have a conversation with two experts in the field of service dogs in the workplace. Learn how use of a service animal as a job accommodation may help a person with a disability enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment, perform job tasks, and access facilities. Practical strategies to enable a smooth transition when welcoming a service animal and their human partner to the workplace will be presented.
- Speakers: Dr. Margaret Glenn, Associate Professor and Coordinator of Rehabilitation Counseling, West Virginia University, Marcie Davis, CEO Davis Innovations, and Anne Hirsh, JAN CoDirector moderating.
- Handouts: PowerPoint Slides Forthcoming and Bios.