Accommodation Ideas for Little People
Accommodation ideas for little people:
- Accessing Work-Site: An elevator, a stair or wheelchair lift, or a stair assist may be effective. Also, automatic door openers, door knob grips, and door handles will help an individual grasp handles and open doors.
- Reaching Work Areas: Rearranging areas so that heavy and frequently used materials are accessed at lower levels is usually very helpful. Using long handled tools may also be effective. Either raising individuals to meet comfortable working heights or lowering materials to comfortable working levels is preferable. Aerial lifts and rolling ladders are products that raise workers. Reachers and work platforms may also be useful in reaching work areas and grasping objects. For driving, pedal extenders are helpful.
- Accessing a Computer Workstation: Individuals may benefit from miniature keyboards, articulating keyboard trays and other ergonomic equipment such as foot rests and ergonomic chairs.
- Difficulty Standing and Walking: A wheelchair or scooter may accommodate these limitations when moving around a workplace. Adjustable industrial and office workstations also help individuals convert workstations to lower heights.
- Activities of Daily Living: Toileting aids, grab bars, grooming and dressing aids, and adaptive clothing assist individuals with performing activities of daily living.
- Working Safely: Safety-related equipment such as bouffant caps; lead shield aprons; ear/hearing protection; gloves; lab coats; and safety glasses, helmets, and goggles help individuals perform various job tasks safely.
- Click here for Danny's "Dwarf Products" page (not maintained by JAN).